Thank you for considering opening your home to one of the puppies or dogs we have in our care!
You are about to make a very important commitment that will change your life for the next fifteen years or more. This is not a decision to be made lightly or on impulse. Please think carefully about how this adoption will affect the lives of yourself and your family before you proceed!
ASH Rescue's adoptions are not selected on a first come first serve basis, but based on the best suited home for the specific dog within our care. We are very dedicated to connecting the right dog with the right home based on activity levels and personality. Since our adoptions are based on our rescued friends personal needs, the selection process could vary.
We are extremely dedicated to the care, well being and happiness of each of our puppies & dogs in our care. We are committed to finding adoptive homes who share the same philosophy and have the love, time, space and financial resources to properly care for that puppy or dog.
1 The first step is to fill out our adoption application.
2. Next, we will call you to chat, give you more information about the dog(s) you are interested in & learn a little more about you. We may have a couple of questions regarding your application form.
3. Next we set up a home check to ensure that the environment is suitable for the pup.
4. If all goes well & we feel that you would be a good match for the dog you are applying for, we will arrange a meeting. We ask that ALL family members and other dogs in the home attend this meeting. **After the meeting, we do feel it is very important that you to go home to think about & discuss things before coming to a final decision.**
5. If, after the meeting, you would like to proceed with the adoption, you would then need to sign our adoption contract, pay the adoption fee and make arrangements to pick up your new family member!
Do you have everything you need to bring a pet home? Check out the Pet Adoption Checklist.
In addition to the items listed under adoption fees, ASH Rescue will also provide each new home with a supply of current dog food to transition, and a collar and leash.
Our adoption fee is $300 and includes:
- Spay/Neuter ( 6 months or older)
- Health Exam
- Behavior Assessment
As an adopter, you are responsible for any vaccinations required after you adopt the dog. If a puppy under the age of 6 months is adopted, it is the adopter's responsibility to pay for the spay/ neuter.
** Please note that our puppies do NOT get spayed or neutered by us, it is part of our contract that we take very serious and DO follow up on. Failure to spay or neuter your adopted puppy and provide proof by the specified date will result in the automatic seizure of the puppy. **
Usually, the dogs we are rescuing come from unknown backgrounds, therefore ASH Rescue cannot guarantee the health of any animal. We want only the best for our rescued dogs, based on the dog and what they've shown us they need. Our goal is to give them, with your help, security and love for the rest of their lives.
Our adoption fees help us pay for any and all care of our rescues, we have chosen to have a set price to off set certain fees. Some dogs/ puppies come in requiring not much vetting while others come in with much bigger vetting needed, we can not turn around and try to recover that from the adoption of that one dog. When a puppy or dog is adopted, that fee goes straight into helping another one. We also pay our vet as each and every procedure is done, whether it be vaccinations, spays or neutering and other surgeries. It is our intention to keep our rescue running in such a manner. Not only does the adoption fees cover vet expenses but it also covers other fees such as food and other much needed supplies.
If you haven't found that perfect dog to join your
family yet, please consider adding a foster dog to your home!
Click here to apply or learn more about our foster program